Let’s be honest. Wearing glasses and contacts can be a pain. Especially in the middle of the night when you need to let the dog out or go grab a glass of water. Thankfully, there is a permanent, safe and extremely effective answer: LASIK. And there is only one place in all of Central Texas where you can get this procedure – Brazos Eye Surgery of Texas.
What is LASIK?
LASIK (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis) is a medical procedure that corrects the irregularities of your cornea which are the cause of near and far sightedness. These irregularities do not allow your eye to focus light properly. LASIK works by gently re-shaping the surface of your cornea into a nice, evenly shaped curve that allows light to pass through to your retina to create crisp, sharp and clear vision.
Is LASIK the Clear Choice for You?
There’s only one way to find out! During your screening evaluation at Brazos Eye Surgery of Texas, Dr. Beau Swann and his team will examine the overall health of your eyes, review your medical history, and perform the most thorough eye exam you’ve probably ever had. If all goes well, you’ll be deemed a candidate for LASIK! There are some conditions which may make you a better candidate for one of our other refractive (think, better vision) procedures such as PRK or an Implant Contact Lens.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it hurt?
- In most cases, LASIK is pain-free
- How long does it take?
- Roughly 15-20 minutes for both eyes
- Will I need someone to drive me?
- Yes, but you will be able to bring yourself the following day
- How many appointments will I need?
- You will need a postoperative appointment at 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month
Who is the Ideal Canditate?
- 18 and older
- History of stable vision
- Healthy eyes with no history of disease
- Appropriate corneal topography and thickness